Permanent, full-time hybrid role – typically 3 days in the office / 2 wfh)
£40,000 to £45,000
8+ years of digital marketing experience
Based in Tunbridge Wells, we’re a niche agency working in the venue marketing and events world that (genuinely) puts our team’s wellbeing at the forefront of what we do. We know who we are, what we stand for and what type of people and clients we want to work with; We’re committed to delivering high quality traffic that converts to business through digital marketing campaigns.
Our company values
Authentic – We earn our client’s trust by being genuine, honest and ‘the best agency they’ve ever worked with’
Determined – We’re committed to creating the right environment for long-lasting relationships and success
Proud – We take pride in who we are, what we do and who we do it for
Relevant – We never stop learning, evolving and developing our skills and knowledge
Human – Prioritising our well-being ensures sharper focus
Examples of how we put this into practice:
- We finish at 1pm on a Friday to ensure there’s enough time to relax and refresh.
- No member of the team has ever had to ask for a pay rise.
- We’re big on flexible working location as the objective is to get the job done.
- We recently took the decision to respectfully not extend a client’s contract that didn’t integrate with our values and was needlessly causing anxiety within the team.
- We offer flexible working of starting between 08:00 -10:00 and finishing between 16:30 and 18:30 and Friday’s is 09:00 to 13:00.
Covid aside, growth over the past few years has been impressive with some big industry clients wins ensuring our strong brand position within the market. We’re seeing business levels getting towards pre-pandemic levels and we have ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
Future growth is only going to happen with talented, like-minded people so this is where you come in. We’re looking for a person with strong digital marketing skills that’s able to strategically implement and sync all activity in a clear and cohesive way.
As a small agency the role is that of a player/manager and you’ll have two main focuses. You’ll be strategic lead on accounts ensuring we’re delivering all elements. You’ll also contribute to billable hours to support the team across our client’s SOW.
Our key services include looking after our clients’ SEO, SEM, paid and organic social campaigns, general strategy, website maintenance and project management of web builds.
You’ll be a fountain of digital knowledge able to articulate to the team and clients all things digital. You’ll be enthusiastic, personable and professional and have a great deal of confidence to work with clients. Our clients will love you and you’ll have a commercial eye for current and future clients.
We have ambitious plans to double the size of the business over the next three years and need exceptional people to help realise that target.
Your Day-to-Day role
Reporting to the MD your time will approximately be divided into 60% contributing to fee-based hours across our clients and 40% towards strategy, quality control and deadline delivery.
- Build annual and quarterly plans that integrate with clients targets.
- Strategically integrate all elements of our client’s marketing campaigns.
- Ensure we’re maximising the reach and impact of all activity.
- Be aware of all client activity and relevant industry news and events.
- Be on top of reports, findings and recommend future plans.
- Train, develop and delegate to the relevant team members.
- Be commercially minded with a soft approach.
- Lead from the front in terms of culture and work ethic.
SEM & social advertising
- Develop and implement SEM strategies (existing and new).
- In-depth technical audits where necessary.
- Keeping clients updated on the status of agreed SEO deliverables and industry standard.
- Understand the role search marketing plays in overarching, multi-channel campaigns alongside business objectives and KPI’s.
- Utilise proprietary and third-party industry reporting, analysis and insight tools.
- Innovate across all aspects of SEO, from technical, through to on-site and outreach.
- Monitoring, optimising and reporting on SEM, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
Social media & content
- Support the social media marketing team to come up with creative campaign ideas for clients that align with clients objectives and strategy.
- Lead on strategy and reporting.
- Any additional support.
- Ensure all elements of social are delivered to a high standard and synced with the overall strategy (hashtag strategy, community management, keyword relevancy alongside the day-to-day content).
- Paid social campaigns – you’ll have the knowledge and experience to take a paid campaign from start to finish and implement changes when applicable.
- Analysing monthly, quarterly and year-on-year performance data through our dashboard and empowering the team to have that mindset too.
- Attending client meetings/calls to discuss and present results and upcoming campaigns. You’ll also be attending industry day and evening events throughout the year.
What we’d like you to have…
- 8+ years of working in the digital marketing landscape.
- Experience in managing strategic multi-faceted accounts and working to tight deadlines.
- A proven track record of successful digital campaigns.
- Ideally agency experience or a role where you’re spinning a lot of plates.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and a love for data.
- A people person – our clients love us, and they’ll love you.
- A passion for digital and strategy.
- Amazing organisational and be able to manage multiple accounts. You’ll see our CRM as the greatest thing.
- Great phone, email and face-to-face manner.
- Creative flair for digital marketing content ideas.
- The desire to muck in and get the job done.
What you can expect from us
- To be given the freedom to put your own stamp on accounts and approaches.
- Really supportive environment. We win and lose together.
- Opportunities to develop your skill set and progress within the company.
- Competitive salary and package.
- Training in-house and through online and off-site courses.
- 4.5-day weeks, we finish at 1pm on Fridays.
We have a wonderful culture that is free from politics and driven by care support. We’re there for each other and are very proud of what we do. Our management structure is very flat, approachable and we all muck in across the business.
If the above sounds exciting, we’d love to meet you.
What some of our team, past and present, say about Patch
Jackson Clark (Sep 2010)
I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed Patch life more than I do now. I’ve always wanted to create an environment where we feel like a team that loves what they do and that everyone is evolving with the common goal of being our client’s growth partner. Our commitment to everyone’s well-being is a deliberate one as we want a happy workforce as this leads to better performance and life’s too short to not enjoy it. The last 18 months has been tough, but we’ve come out stronger which is testament to everyone’s positive attitude.
A happy workforce means we can achieve things we didn’t realise were possible. The hard part is to not take it for granted and collectively commit to evolving. I’m excited.
Melissa Tyler (joined Oct 2018)
In the years I’ve been working at Patch I’ve learnt countless new skills and developed a much stronger understanding of specific services and digital marketing as a whole. I’ve also never had to ask for a raise, my development has always been recognised, praised, and rewarded. Everyone in the team not only encourages growth and development, but actively provides time and resources to implement it.
Tony Hill (joined Sep 2020)
I feel like I waited years to find Patch, it’s easily the best place I’ve ever worked. The company culture is like no other – there’s no politics, just support and a shared drive to achieve the best as a team and support each other – and the flexible work environment has meant I’ve never had a better work/life balance. Except being at Patch doesn’t really feel like work, just loving what I do.
The team are all talented, dedicated and passionate about their work and clients as well as one another, you couldn’t ask for a better team to be a part of.
Andrew Marchant (joined Sep 2022)
I have never felt more welcomed and entrusted to come in and make my mark on new and old accounts using my own experience and expertise. The team has a broad range of specialisms meaning there is always something to learn and the MD is honest and empowering giving guidance when appreciated and freedom to work when needed. Patch is a solid agency providing value and experience to an industry that has had its fair share of turmoil over the last couple pandemic shadowed years and has come out of the other side ready to build a reputation as specialists in that area. The plan is well communicated, clear to see and easy to get behind, which makes Patch a great company to work at for security and future growth.
Natalie Preston (joined April 2016)
Accounts & Invoicing Manager
Everyone in Patch is so passionate it’s infectious and it makes working so much fun. I work remotely but I feel very much part of the team and always share in the successes. It’s a very flexible environment that means I can work around my children and still get all my work done.
Rhianna King (joined May 23)
Social media account manager
Since joining Patch the team have been so supportive and welcoming. It’s a privilege to work alongside such a talented team who are always more than happy to help and share their knowledge. The clients are also great, and their enthusiasm for Patch just highlights the amazing work the team does. At Patch no two days are the same, one day you could be out visiting a client or attending an event and the next you might find yourself in the office filming forward rolls for an Instagram reel!
Hannah Crowley (joined April 23)
Social media executive
Everyone at Patch has been so supportive and welcoming and I’m proud to be a part of such a great team. There’s always a positive atmosphere in the office, and lots of opportunities to learn from others.
Matt Beech (ex)
I worked at Patch for seven years and fell in love instantly. Originally, I was a client so I knew the culture was great but I’ve been really impressed with the whole operation. There’s no politics, we have a laugh together and support each other and we’re not micromanaged which drives us all towards the common goal of growing our client’s businesses.
Cerys Rogers (ex)
Content and PR Specialist
I couldn’t craft a team or environment I’d want to be part of more. Being around such open and energetic people is powerfully and wonderfully contagious; as is the immense passion that each of us has for the work we get to do at Patch. I truly believe there is no limit to how much we can do or how far we can go, not only as a team but individually too. Creativity is nurtured by all, knowledge is shared at every
opportunity and chances for each of us to grow are maximised. The genuine spirit and camaraderie we share with each other is one-of-a-kind – I can’t imagine a place any of us would rather be.
Alex Puttock (ex)
Search Marketing specialist
I worked at Patch for over four years now and in that time I’ve been given surprise bonuses and days off in recognition of my hard work and commitment to Patch. I’ve also recently been promoted which is very exciting as it doesn’t really feel like work. Yes we work hard but it’s really interesting what we do and the commitment to self development is at the core of what we do. I see myself being at Patch forever
Matt Cooper (ex)
What do I love about working at Patch? Building beautiful websites of course! But it doesn’t stop there, the real charm is working with such a talented and friendly team, who are so supportive. There really is a family feel to the company and everybody has each other’s back. The projects are diverse and interesting, one week I could be building a website for a law firm, the next a liqueur company. This keeps me on my toes, something every Web Developer needs! In essence, Patch is pretty awesome.