Permanent, full-time hybrid role – typically 3 days in the office / 2 wfh)
£28,000 to £31,000
Based in Tunbridge Wells, we’re a niche agency working in the venue marketing and events world that (genuinely) puts our team’s wellbeing at the forefront of what we do. We know who we are, what we stand for and what type of people and clients we want to work with; We’re committed to delivering high quality traffic that converts to business through digital marketing campaigns.
Our company values
Authentic – We earn our client’s trust by being genuine, honest and ‘the best agency they’ve ever worked with’
Determined – We’re committed to creating the right environment for long-lasting relationships and success
Proud – We take pride in who we are, what we do and who we do it for
Relevant – We never stop learning, evolving and developing our skills and knowledge
Human – Prioritising our well-being ensures sharper focus
Examples of how we put this into practice:
- We recently took the decision to respectfully not extend a client’s contract that didn’t integrate with our values and was needlessly causing anxiety within the team.
- We finish at 1pm on a Friday to ensure there’s enough time to relax and refresh.
- No member of the team has ever had to ask for a pay rise.
- We’re big on flexible working location as the objective is to get the job done.
- We offer flexible working of starting between 08:00 -10:00 and finishing between 16:30 and 18:30 and Friday’s is 09:00 to 13:00.
Covid aside, growth over the past few years has been impressive with some big industry clients wins ensuring our strong brand position within the market. We’re seeing business levels at pre-pandemic levels and we have ambitious growth plans over the next few years and that’s only going to happen with exceptional people. This is where you come in, we’re looking for a person with strong social media skills to support new and existing clients.
Alongside social media, our key services include looking after our clients’ SEO, SEM as well as general strategy.
You will be enthusiastic, personable, knowledgeable, extremely organised and really enjoy working on multiple social media campaigns. You’ll have supreme confidence in working on client accounts with differing tones of voice and objectives. Your focus will be on organic and paid social content and being the day-to-day contact for your clients.
What does the day-to-day role look like?
- You’ll be the day-to-day contact for your clients ensuring that all elements of our digital marketing deliverables are on track and to a high standard.
- Alongside the AD you’ll be involved with the strategic direction of how best we can spend clients’ budget to achieve objectives.
Social media (organic and paid)
- Running clients’ social media campaigns from conception through to execution.
- Write B2B social content in line with the brand’s tone of voice and, where applicable, blog posts.
- Come up with creative campaign ideas for clients.
- Create impactful and engaging graphics.
- Daily community management, both reactive and proactive.
- Audience research.
- Ad copy and creative.
- Optimise placements and management of campaigns.
- Understanding success metrics.
What we’d like you to have…
- You’ll have a minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally in B2B marketing.
- Experience with LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, X.
- Basic understanding of video editing (training can be provided).
- Up-to-date knowledge in social trends and how that translates into relevancy for our clients.
- A people person – our clients love us and they’ll love you.
- Being engaging, competent, driven, and confident will set you apart from the rest.
- You’ll naturally be a person that takes ownership of your actions.
- Amazing organisational and multi-tasking skills. You’ll see our CRM as the greatest thing as it’ll save time and avoid confusion.
- Great phone, email and face to face manner.
- Creative flair for digital marketing content ideas.
What you can expect from us
- Training in-house
- A culture that lets you flourish
- Support from each member of our team
- Opportunities to develop your skill-set and progress within the company
- Competitive salary and package
- 4.5-day weeks, we finish at 1pm on Fridays
What some of our team, past and present, say about Patch
I feel like I waited years to find Patch, it’s easily the best place I’ve ever worked. The company culture is like no other – there’s no politics, just support and a shared drive to achieve the best as a team and support each other – and the flexible work environment has meant I’ve never had a better work/life balance. Except being at Patch doesn’t really feel like work, just loving what I do.
The team are all talented, dedicated and passionate about their work and clients as well as one another, you couldn’t ask for a better team to be a part of.
In the years I’ve been working at Patch I’ve learnt countless new skills, and developed a much stronger understanding of specific services and digital marketing as a whole. I’ve also never had to ask for a raise, my development has always been recognised, praised, and rewarded. Everyone in the team not only encourages growth and development, but actively provides time and resources to implement it.
As the newest starter, I have never felt more welcomed and entrusted to come in and make my mark on new and old accounts using my own experience and expertise. The team has a broad range of specialisms meaning there is always something to learn and the MD is honest and empowering giving guidance when appreciated and freedom to work when needed. Patch is a solid agency providing value and experience to an industry that has had its fair share of turmoil over the last couple pandemic shadowed years, and has come out of the other side ready to build a reputation as specialists in that area. The plan is well communicated, clear to see and easy to get behind, which makes Patch a great company to work at for security and future growth.
Accounts & Invoicing Manager
Everyone in Patch is so passionate it’s infectious and it makes working so much fun. I work remotely but I feel very much part of the team and always share in the successes. It’s a very flexible environment that means I can work around my children and still get all my work done.
I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed Patch life more than I do now. I’ve always wanted to create an environment where we feel like a team that loves what they do and that everyone is evolving with the common goal of being our clients growth partner. Our commitment to everyone’s well being is a deliberate one as we want a happy workforce as this leads to better performance and life’s too short to not enjoy it. The last 18 months has been tough but we’ve come out stronger which is testament to everyone’s positive attitude.
A happy workforce means we can achieve things we didn’t realise were possible. The hard part is to not take it for granted and collectively commit to evolving. I’m excited.
Fee Chandler-Noize (ex)
Supportive, warm and welcoming are just three words that come to mind when trying to describe the Patch experience. It’s a team of like-minded people that want nothing more than for you to succeed. With a consistent opportunity to learn, Patch really is a place of nurture and development and is somewhere that feels like home from the off.
Matt Beech (ex)
I’ve worked at Patch for seven years now and fell in love instantly. Originally I was a client so I knew the culture was great but I’ve been really impressed with the whole operation. There’s no politics, we have a laugh together and support each other and we’re not micromanaged which drives us all towards the common goal of growing our client’s businesses.
Cerys Rogers (ex)
Content and PR Specialist
I couldn’t craft a team or environment I’d want to be part of more. Being around such open and energetic people is powerfully and wonderfully contagious; as is the immense passion that each of us has for the work we get to do at Patch. I truly believe there is no limit to how much we can do or how far we can go, not only as a team but individually too. Creativity is nurtured by all, knowledge is shared at every
opportunity and chances for each of us to grow are maximised. The genuine spirit and camaraderie we share with each other is one-of-a-kind – I can’t imagine a place any of us would rather be.
Emily Schone (ex)
Speaking as someone who’d only just started (at Patch and in marketing), I feel incredibly lucky to have found myself here, working alongside such a fantastic group of people. The team is open, non-hierarchical, and have gone above and beyond to help me find my feet in a new industry (a word for the two office dogs, too: you won’t meet a friendlier pair of four-legged colleagues). I’ve found that Patch has the ability to pack in personal development without you noticing just how quickly you’re learning: in the few months I’ve been here, I’ve gone from a recent graduate with little experience, to a writer who feels confident in their ability to produce content for a variety of clients. No two days are the same (genuinely!); expect to be challenged, but supported every step of the way.