Permanent, full-time hybrid role – typically 3 days in the office / 2 wfh)
£28,000 to £31,000
Based in Tunbridge Wells, we’re a niche agency working in the venue marketing and events world that (genuinely) puts our team’s wellbeing at the forefront of what we do. We know who we are, what we stand for and what type of people and clients we want to work with. We’re committed to delivering high quality traffic that converts to business through digital marketing campaigns.
Our company values
Authentic – We earn our client’s trust by being genuine, honest and ‘the best agency they’ve ever worked with’
Determined – We’re committed to creating the right environment for long-lasting relationships and success
Proud – We take pride in who we are, what we do and who we do it for
Relevant – We never stop learning, evolving and developing our skills and knowledge
Human – Prioritising our well-being ensures sharper focus
Examples of how we put this into practice:
- We finish at 1pm on a Friday to ensure there’s enough time to relax and refresh.
- No member of the team has ever had to ask for a pay rise.
- We’re big on flexible working location as the objective is to get the job done.
- We recently took the decision to respectfully not extend a client’s contract that didn’t integrate with our values and was needlessly causing anxiety within the team.
- We offer flexible working of starting between 08:00 -10:00 and finishing between 16:30 and 18:30 and Friday’s is 09:00 to 13:00.
Covid aside, growth over the past few years has been impressive with some big industry clients wins ensuring our strong brand position within the market. We’re seeing business levels getting towards pre-pandemic levels and we have ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
Future growth is only going to happen with talented, like-minded people so this is where you come in. We’re looking for a person with strong search skills and a digital marketing background to support new and existing clients across SEO and PPC.
The role will have two main focuses – Client account management – you’ll be your client’s day-to-day contact and ensure that everything is being delivered across all elements of our offering. The other main element is to deliver our search and paid strategy to include the SEO and paid search planning, implementation and delivery.
Our key services include looking after our clients’ SEO, SEM, paid and organic social campaigns, general strategy, website maintenance and project management of web builds.
You will be inquisitive, personable, knowledgeable, extremely organised and really enjoy working on multiple SEO and paid strategies supporting the overall business goals of our clients. Your focus will be on working with the Search Director and Account Director to define the SEO/PPC strategy and then to implement and monitor its success. You’ll be data driven and very proud of the work you’re doing and the results you’re getting. You’ll also enjoy being the all-round day-to-day contact for your clients and supporting the Account Director in ensuring all deadlines across all activity are delivered well and on-time.
Your Day-to-Day role
- Day-to-day Patch contact for your clients.
- Supporting the Account Director across accounts.
- Organisation of marketing plan, deadlines, and seo and paid plans.
- Confident to speak about client strategy, delivery and results.
SEO strategy and implementation
- Develop and execute comprehensive SEO strategies aligned with client business goals.
- Conduct keyword research based on campaign needs.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis to identify opportunities and benchmarks.
- Alongside the AD and SD set realistic KPIs/goals.
- Monitor and analyse website health, traffic and data to ensure KPIs are being hit.
- Review technical SEO reports and make recommendations and priorities.
- Optimise website content, landing page copy and paid search copy where applicable.
- Devise a backlink strategy that supports client objectives.
- The ability to collate and understand data.
- You’ll be confident in planning and implementing paid search campaigns to ensure our clients are getting the best ROI from their budget.
- Ensure strategic integration through all paid campaigns.
Who will this role suit?
- You’ll know your stuff and be obsessed with search marketing and the digital eco-system.
- You’ll have supreme confidence in working on client accounts.
- You’re probably at senior-exec level and looking for a role with more autonomy.
- Typically, you’ll have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience working on seo and paid accounts.
- You’ll be a clear communicator, internally and externally.
- You’ll naturally be a person that takes ownership of your actions.
- You’ll have amazing organisational and be able to manage multiple accounts. You’ll see our CRM as the greatest thing as it’ll save time and give you clarity on where projects are at across the agency.
- You’ll have a great phone, video call and email manner.
What you can expect from us
- Training in-house.
- A culture that lets you flourish.
- Support from each member of our team.
- Opportunities to develop your skill set and progress within the company.
- Competitive salary and package.
- 4.5-day weeks, we finish at 1pm on Fridays.
We have a wonderful culture that is free from politics and driven by care support. We’re there for each other and are very proud of what we do. Our management structure is very flat, approachable and we all muck in across the business.
If the above sounds exciting, we’d love to meet you.
What some of our team, past and present, say about Patch
Jackson Clark (Sep 2010)
I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed Patch life more than I do now. I’ve always wanted to create an environment where we feel like a team that loves what they do and that everyone is evolving with the common goal of being our client’s growth partner. Our commitment to everyone’s well-being is a deliberate one as we want a happy workforce as this leads to better performance and life’s too short to not enjoy it. The last 18 months has been tough, but we’ve come out stronger which is testament to everyone’s positive attitude.
A happy workforce means we can achieve things we didn’t realise were possible. The hard part is to not take it for granted and collectively commit to evolving. I’m excited.
Melissa Tyler (joined Oct 2018)
In the years I’ve been working at Patch I’ve learnt countless new skills and developed a much stronger understanding of specific services and digital marketing as a whole. I’ve also never had to ask for a raise, my development has always been recognised, praised, and rewarded. Everyone in the team not only encourages growth and development, but actively provides time and resources to implement it.
Tony Hill (joined Sep 2020)
I feel like I waited years to find Patch, it’s easily the best place I’ve ever worked. The company culture is like no other – there’s no politics, just support and a shared drive to achieve the best as a team and support each other – and the flexible work environment has meant I’ve never had a better work/life balance. Except being at Patch doesn’t really feel like work, just loving what I do.
The team are all talented, dedicated and passionate about their work and clients as well as one another, you couldn’t ask for a better team to be a part of.
Andrew Marchant (joined Sep 2022)
I have never felt more welcomed and entrusted to come in and make my mark on new and old accounts using my own experience and expertise. The team has a broad range of specialisms meaning there is always something to learn and the MD is honest and empowering giving guidance when appreciated and freedom to work when needed. Patch is a solid agency providing value and experience to an industry that has had its fair share of turmoil over the last couple pandemic shadowed years and has come out of the other side ready to build a reputation as specialists in that area. The plan is well communicated, clear to see and easy to get behind, which makes Patch a great company to work at for security and future growth.
Natalie Preston (joined April 2016)
Accounts & Invoicing Manager
Everyone in Patch is so passionate it’s infectious and it makes working so much fun. I work remotely but I feel very much part of the team and always share in the successes. It’s a very flexible environment that means I can work around my children and still get all my work done.
Rhianna King (joined May 23)
Social media account manager
Since joining Patch the team have been so supportive and welcoming. It’s a privilege to work alongside such a talented team who are always more than happy to help and share their knowledge. The clients are also great, and their enthusiasm for Patch just highlights the amazing work the team does. At Patch no two days are the same, one day you could be out visiting a client or attending an event and the next you might find yourself in the office filming forward rolls for an Instagram reel!
Hannah Crowley (joined April 23)
Social media executive
Everyone at Patch has been so supportive and welcoming and I’m proud to be a part of such a great team. There’s always a positive atmosphere in the office, and lots of opportunities to learn from others.
Fee Chandler-Noize (ex)
Supportive, warm and welcoming are just three words that come to mind when trying to describe the Patch experience. It’s a team of like-minded people that want nothing more than for you to succeed. With a consistent opportunity to learn, Patch really is a place of nurture and development and is somewhere that feels like home from the off.
Cerys Rogers (ex)
Content and PR Specialist
I couldn’t craft a team or environment I’d want to be part of more. Being around such open and energetic people is powerfully and wonderfully contagious; as is the immense passion that each of us has for the work we get to do at Patch. I truly believe there is no limit to how much we can do or how far we can go, not only as a team but individually too. Creativity is nurtured by all, knowledge is shared at every opportunity and chances for each of us to grow are maximised. The genuine spirit and camaraderie we share with each other is one-of-a-kind.
Alex Puttock (ex)
Search Marketing specialist
I worked at Patch for over four years and in that time I’ve been given surprise bonuses and days off in recognition of my hard work and commitment to Patch. I’ve also recently been promoted which is very exciting as it doesn’t really feel like work. Yes we work hard but it’s really interesting what we do and the commitment to self development is at the core of what we do.
Emily Schone (ex)
Speaking as someone who’d only just started (at Patch and in marketing), I feel incredibly lucky to have found myself here, working alongside such a fantastic group of people. The team is open, non-hierarchical, and have gone above and beyond to help me find my feet in a new industry (a word for the two office dogs, too: you won’t meet a friendlier pair of four-legged colleagues). I’ve found that Patch has the ability to pack in personal development without you noticing just how quickly you’re learning: in the few months I’ve been here, I’ve gone from a recent graduate with little experience, to a writer who feels confident in their ability to produce content for a variety of clients. No two days are the same (genuinely!); expect to be challenged but supported every step of the way.