Kent SEO Agency
We’re a results-driven Kent SEO agency that’s been providing SEO in Kent and the Southeast of England since 2010. We have experience working with small to medium companies and large multi-nationals. We provide ongoing SEO campaigns and on one-off SEO projects in addition to web development and other digital marketing services.
Our agency has a track record of growing business in using SEO and the reason we deliver success again and again is simple:
- We develop a thorough understand of our clients’ business goals
- We convert business goals into SEO goals
- We define KPIs and targets to ensure SEO achieves its forecast impact
- We deliver goal-orientated SEO activity
- We monitor progress, website traffic growth, quality of traffic and SEO related sales growth
- We consistently hit our targets, grow our clients’ businesses, and work honestly and transparently
SEO Services at Patch
Every SEO campaign we work on is tailor made based on a brand’s requirements. Our SEO plans have forecast goals aligned with activity so it’s easy to determine if activity, and business growth is on track and if not, what needs to be done to mitigate it. Some people call it scientific SEO, we call it doing our job properly.
We provide an online reporting dashboard that shows all campaign data in real time. We use APIs to collate data from Google Analytics, Search Console, social networks, Google My Business, backlinks monitors, citations trackers and many other sources. The dashboard provides real-time performance and activity reporting 24/7/365.
How to choose an SEO agency
We know for most people, choosing an SEO agency is like picking a horse for the Grand National. The questions below will save you from choosing an agency based on their colour, their name, or their claims. By asking yourself (and the agency you’re talking to) the right questions it’s easy to choose a suitable agency based on its potential to reach your business goals.
Why are there so many Kent SEO agencies?
If you’ve arrived on this page, it’s probably because you used a search engine to look for ‘SEO Agency Kent’. You’ve probably noticed there are over 17 million results for ‘that term on Google, and every agency claims to be the best, award winning and most trustworthy agency. Don’t get us wrong we are too, and we’ll do the typical marketing thing and tell you how good we are at SEO further down the page but first, we’d like to explain how to choose an SEO agency.
The reason there are so many SEO agencies in Kent (or the world for that matter) … it’s an unregulated industry with a low entry barrier and almost anyone can claim to be an SEO specialist.
Questions to help choose an SEO agency
- What type of SEO do you need? Did you know there are various types of SEO? There’s a short explanation about the different types of SEO below
- Are you confident they have understood your business objectives and are proposing an SEO campaign that will achieve them?
- Does the SEO campaign feel custom-made for your business?
- How is the agency going to be transparent and demonstrate the impact of SEO?
- Can they provide references?
How to choose an SEO agency in Kent
If you’re looking for a Kent SEO agency, we assume it’s because you’re based in Kent, because you target customers Kent or simply because you like the Garden of England so much you want an SEO agency in Kent to give you a reason to visit.
Whatever the reason you want your SEO Agency to be in Kent, decide if you want your agency to be based in Kent, or a particular area of Kent. Do you want the best SEO agency in Kent, so you have a wide talent pool to choose from, but can still meet in person? Or do you want hyper-local to support your local community and increase the chances of seeing your SEO agency in the supermarket?
There are so many SEO agencies in Kent you’re bound to find several hyper-local options and Kent’s proximity to London means you’re going to find some of the best SEO specialists in the UK. Now would be a good time to tell you that we’re one of the best SEO agencies in the UK, we’ve achieved page one ranks in some of the most competitive industries in the world and we used to be based in London, but we moved to Kent five years ago to keep our rent and our prices as low as possible.
How much does a Kent SEO agency cost?
Kent SEO agencies don’t charge any more than agencies based elsewhere in the UK but the range in cost in the UK and worldwide can be significant. SEO is labour charge so in principle you could order one hours’ SEO and only pay for one hour. The range in cost varies dependent upon experience, skill and reputation. You can get hire SEO professionals in developing counties on websites like fivver.com for as little as £2 per hour (beware if you do) and you get famous SEO consultants like Neil Patel that charge thousands per hour.
At Patch our hourly rate for SEO services starts at £85. We can work for a set-number of hours to complete a particular task, or we can plan a target-led campaign and deliver the campaign on an ongoing basis for a defined monthly fee.
How to know what type of SEO you need
SEO is sometimes divided into categories of on page SEO, off page SEO and technical SEO and non-technical SEO. Within those categories you have ranking factors. Ranking factors are the things search engine’s algorithms look at to determine which webpages to rank above others for a given keyword. In our opinion one of the simplest explanations of ranking factors is Search Engine Journal’s SEO periodic table.
The activity and frequency required in each area of SEO depends on competitor activity, the current condition of a website, off page ranking factors and a brand’s history. It will also depend if you’re using SEO to compete in a local market in Kent, or if you’re competing nationally or internationally.
One of our directors contributed an article to Tweak Your Business magazine that goes into detail on this subject. Titled how to determine what type of SEO your business needs it outlines the different types of SEO and how they’re applied in different scenarios. It includes case studies to demonstrate how different industries and circumstances will require different approaches to achieve the same goals of increased web traffic and sales growth.
The role of an SEO specialist in planning
An SEO specialist should analyse ranking competitors (websites) that occupy your target ranks and outline the activity required for your website to achieve those targets. The outcome is a custom plan and a custom quote. With this approach you can be certain you’re only paying for the SEO you need that focuses on achieving goals and outcomes.
Why competitor activity is so important in SEO
SEO is a competition to rank higher for a target than your competitors. The “competition” is judged on rankings factors but not every industry is the same. Different sectors behave in different ways. Requirements will depend entirely on what others are doing and what’s typical in your market. A global SaaS brand may require hundreds of backlinks to rank for a target keyword. A local dentist doing SEO only in Kent could rank on the map results without a single backlink by focussing on web citations and their Google My Business profile.
Contact us to get a free consultation
Contact us for a free, no obligation, consultation, and quote. Our team are friendly, straight talking experts in SEO that have years of experience delivering quality SEO services that increase sales for brands again and again. They speak at conferences, they contribute expert blogs to magazines and they host training workshops. If you’re thinking about doing SEO for your business they’re worth having a cup of coffee with.
After your consultation we’ll tell you what you need to do to achieve your SEO goals and the cost to achieve it with us. If you don’t want to pursue a campaign we won’t bother you, we get our clients from search engine optimisation, not stalking.
Our SEO Services:
- SEO strategy creation
- SEO fully managed campaign
- SEO Keyword research
- SEO competitor analysis
- SEO development of work plan, road map and KPIs
- Link building strategy
- On page SEO
- SEO content production and optimisation
- SEO blogging
- SEO copywriting
- Off page SEO
- International SEO
- Multi-lingual SEO
- SEO friendly web design and development
- Local SEO
- E-commerce SEO
- SEO for YouTube
- Resolving SEO penalties
- SEO audits
- Digital PR for SEO
- Technical SEO
- SEO tracking and reporting
Why Patch as your Kent SEO agency
- We’re a specialist SEO agency based in Kent (Tunbridge Wells)
- We work to goals and targets, not tasks
- We’re a full-service digital marketing agency. We can provide additional services such as web-development, advertising, design or PPC when you need them
- We only have an interest in selling you what you need and if SEO isn’t right for you, we’d prefer to sell you another type of marketing activity than sell you something that isn’t going to work for your brand
- We’ve been established since 2010. We have a thorough understanding of search algorithms and have been watching algorithm updates for over a decade
- We have a track record of delivering SEO strategies that add value to a business
- We have a methodological approach to SEO not a one size fits all
- We’re honest and transparent. We’ve turned clients away if SEO won’t meet their objectives, we’ve recommended other agencies if we feel other agencies could be more suited to a project and we’ve helped our clients source freelancers and team members